Sunday, March 7, 2010

Evaluation

In this magazine I have experimented with a lot of colours, writing fonts and effects. They have been vital in showing my creativity in this magazine. I have also experimented with different kinds of filters and they have been helpful in enhancing my original pictures especially in the advertisements. I have tried to make this magazine as colourful and youthful as possible and ofcourse as non-girlish as possible.

My experiments with fonts have paid off especially for the titles of the pages and the text itself. Playing with effects such as glows and shadows has also paid off wonderfully. The Punk Rock signature adds consistency to the magazine and relates each page to the theme. I have also linked both advertisements to the theme to maintain consistency and rhythm.

The things in the magazine which may possibly go against me or the flaws in the magazines are that the background colours are highly contrasting. My experiment with background colours may go against me as it may give a sign of inconsistency in the magazine. The fact that I have taken them from the internet can also go against me. The strong points in this magazine is the work that I have done on the pictures, the collage, advertisements, and the fonts, titles etc in the content pages.

I have learnt from my past mistakes and tried my level best to go all out in order to fully express myself in this magazine. I have strived to put my creativity into this magazine and explore my own creative side. This magazine, though not flawless has succesfully managed to bring out my creativity. The efforts that i put in the cover page, the collage and the advertisements clearly show this.


I had to do alot of brainstorming to come up with the ideas for all the pages especially the advertisements, collage and the cover page. I think it has all paid off well and I have been able to develop a highly satisfactory project considering the fact that I have never utilised my creativity or unleashed my creative potential to such an extent. I am sure that there is alot of potential in me which I definitely will realise as I open more gateways for creativity and explore my creative side further.


I have learnt how to use Photoshop and Illustrator effectively and efficiently; I can now easily use the tools on both of these programmes.
*I know how to edit pictures on Photoshop and create documents on Illustrator to an acceptable even a good standard.
*I have also learnt how to use a digital camera for my own personal gain and to correctly take reasonably good pictures for my magazine.
*I have also learnt how to create a blog (on blogspot.com), how to upload images and my work onto it, add friends.
*Also I have learnt that in the media industry, technology is used to change images to the way the person or company deem acceptable which can change people’s perceptions and opinions of what is right; they also use airbrushing in Photoshop to alter people's appearances.
*I know how to use the spot healing tool to make the models face appear smoother.
*I have learnt how to make the image blend with or stand out from the background with the use of 'blur' effect around the edges or an outer glow.
*Learnt how to use of the magic wand.



I understand the importance of research and using questionnaires to find out what my audience wants to see in the magazine and what must be included.
*I have learnt different technical media language that are better suited to describe my work; words and phrases such as connotation, denotation, direct mode of address, sell lines and puff.
*I have learnt the importance of using mid-shot, clear images with suitable lighting.
*I understand the importance and effect of subheadings and synopsis. I have learnt how to organise the additional images more sufficiently.
*I know the importance of using a large, colourful masthead in order to attract attention.
*I have learnt how to lighten the image if it is too dark.
*I have learnt different technical media language that are better suited to describe my work; words and phrases such as connotation, denotation, direct mode of address, sell lines and puff.
*Also I have learnt that in the media industry, technology is used to change images to the way the person or company deem acceptable which can change people’s perceptions and opinions of what is right; they also use airbrushing in Photoshop to alter people's appearances so they get a perfect image.


My music magazine verifies and develops the conventions of real music magazines. I researched magazines of the same and different genres to become familiar with their presentational deceives so I could transfer the devices onto my magazine.
*My magazine uses similar language devices such as superlatives to engage the reader and make the magazine unique and interesting.
*I used a mixture of dull and bright bold colours to make it eye-catching for my audience.


I have used similar ideas to used in XXL or Vibe.
The models i have used throughout my magazine are dressed mostly casually rather than formally as I wanted to attract the younger audience as they would relate to them and be inspired to copy the artists style. I would also like to add, I dressed them quite casually to make them look more ordinary so the audience can be inspired.


Positive responses:
My audience liked my style and layout of the front cover and found it enticing with
its unique effects. The interview (my double page spread) was favoured
the most and I was complimented on the use of pictures and the film strip of pictures.
They said it was really unique and effective. The layout was easy to follow and the
Questions were easy to follow and the use of vocabulary was used very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment